Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Shockingly Sinister Shorts #12



*It is 2am in the morning. A compact car has slid on some ice and flipped over a wooded embankment. The car comes to a rest, upside down, at the bottom of a gorge after flipping many times. The driver awakens, shaken and battered, but alive. His legs feel unbroken, but trapped in the crushed dashboard. He hears the rustling of underbrush and a voice calls out to him.*



Rescuer: Hey are you OK buddy?

Trapped man: Yes, I’m trapped and can’t move.

Rescuer: Well the car is not on fire and it is not leaking gas.

Trapped man: Yeah I guess that is something to be thankful for.

Rescuer: I am glad I was walking through the woods nearby. Nobody would have seen you for days… even weeks.

Trapped man: My good luck just keeps coming.

Rescuer: Can you free yourself? Is there any way you can get out on your own?

Trapped man: No I am completely stuck. The dash has my legs trapped. I don’t think they are broken. If you can just wedge the dash off me, I may be able to walk away from this.

Rescuer: I don’t think that will work. I am afraid you will be dead in a few minutes.

Trapped man: What the hell are you talking about? I can most likely walk away from this if you will free both my legs.

Rescuer: You don’t understand. I just escaped from prison. I got put there for killing and eating my neighbor 11 years ago and I got a real hankering for some fresh meat.

 

1 comment:

  1. You lulled me into a false sense of security by calling the bad guy "rescuer", got me again;)

    ReplyDelete

Do you have wicked words of wisdom? Then please leave a comment.